The Cyprus Energy Agency is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization, founded in 2009 for carrying out activities related to the promotion of renewable energy, energy saving, and sustainable transport and urban mobility. The Cyprus Energy Agency is managed by an eleven-member Management Board, the members of which are set out in its founding statutes. The Cyprus Energy Agency advises special Advisory Committee, which brings together adjoining European organizations, European and international networks, and many institutional organizations from Cyprus.
Our mission is to be an information point of the local society, providing education and vocational training, as well as a point of promoting local and European partnerships and research and development, enhancing the role of local authorities in the sustainable energy planning issues, with a view in protecting the environment, the promotion of renewable energy sources, energy saving and sustainable transport. In the implementation of the goals and objectives of the Cyprus Energy Agency, it has organized numerous conferences, training seminars, examinations, meetings, and workshops, which strengthen the links of cooperation between the Cyprus Energy Agency and local actors.
Up to today the Cyprus Energy Agency has participated in more than 30 EU/National co-funded projects (MED, ENPI, IEE, INTERREG IVC, Build up Skills, Horizon 2020, Life Long Learning, CLIMATE KIC etc), and cover a wide range of topics, such as:
• Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans for Local Authorities
• Capacity building for the public and private sector
• Production of biofuels from microalgae
• Training and certification of RES and EE installers, as well as
auditors and energy managers
• Identification of the environmental impacts of the penetration of
• Promotion of RES
• Increase of Energy Efficiency in the residential sector
• Energy performance of homes, public buildings and sport facilities
• Training and active involvement of students and the local community
• Supporting the implementation of energy projects
• Climate change
The Cyprus Energy Agency is a member of the Climate-KIC, FEDARENE, EREK, and EnergyCities families.